Web Content Display
- Created: Tue, 06 Aug 2019
- latest Update: Thu, 02 Jan 2020
- By: Khaoula
Weather-portlet.war: The portlet installation package.
You can download the packages from our software catalog
This section will allow you to start using the portlet directly in your website .
To install the portlet in your Liferay instance, you can either:
- Copy the portlet war to <liferay installation>/deploy folder which will trigger the portlet hot deployment.
- Or you can use your liferay portal, just follow those steps:
Go Control panel -> Apps -> App Manager -> upload -> Select the weather portlet war and by clicking install, it will be uploaded to the server and installed
After seeing the success deploying message "1 portlet for weather-portlet are available for use", you can start using it.
Use the portlet
After installing the portlet, you are probably wondering how to use and apply it.
Here are the steps:
Navigate to your website -> signin -> click on the add icon in the top of the page and search for Weather then click on the add button
Go to the page where you added "Weather portlet" and click on the config icon in the top right of the portlet and edit its configuartion to match your need.
* First you need to generate your own key, to do so go to: https://openweathermap.org/guide
- Click Sign up.
- Create an account
- Done! You can find an API key on 'API keys' tab in your Personal account.
* Now you can add your cities list:
- go https://openweathermap.org/find
- search for the citie, lets say 'london'
- you will get many results, pick the right name (in our case 'London, GB') and add it to the portlet configuration
* Save your settings and refresh the page.