Web Content Display
Unify Corporate Documentation
- Created: Thu, 21 Feb 2019
- latest Update: Wed, 26 Jun 2019
- By: Khaoula
Unify-corporate-theme.war: The theme installation package.
Unify-corporate-theme.zip: The theme source code.
You can download the packages from our software catalog
This section will allow you to start using the theme directly in your new website or an existing one.
To install the theme in your Liferay instance, you can either:
- Copy the theme war to <liferay installation>/deploy folder which will trigger the theme hot deployment.
- Or you can use your liferay portal, just follow those steps:
Go Control panel -> Apps -> App Manager -> upload -> Select the unify theme war and by clicking install, it will be uploaded to the server and installed
After seeing the success deploying message "1 theme for unify-corporate-theme is available for use", you can find the theme under site template.
Go to sites -> site templates -> Unify Corporate Theme -> manage then click on the configure icon next to pages, if for some reason you don't see the unify-corporate-theme as a current theme, please change it by clicking on 'Change Current Theme' button
Apply the theme
After installing the theme, you are probably wondering how to use and apply it to your actual site.
Here are the steps:
- Go Control Panel -> sites and choose the desired site -> Go to Site Settings -> pages -> click on the configure icon next to pages and select the unify corporate theme.
- You can import the unify theme resources to your site and easily use it
There are 12 settings you can change
- header: you can use one of the 11 background colors to customize the header of your website
- nav_styles: their is 8 styles for your navigation menu.
- nav_full_width: make the navigation menu wide to fit the screen size
- nav_alignments: you can set the menu at the left, center or right
- nav_position: you can choose between static, sticky bottom, sticky top header
- show_topbar: display or not the top menu
- topbar_bg: in case of displaying the top menu you can customize its background
- topbar_content: and also the its content
- show_search_box: display or hide the search box
- show_language_choice: display or hide the language box
- footer_content: set the footer content id
For the first web content with login box in the home page, please make sure to disable the cacheable option: Click on edit template -> disable cacheable
If you are seeing the issue bellow, please extract the license.xml file out of the lpkg and deploy that first will work around the issue, to do so you can open the lpkg with winrar.
"Unable to resolve unify-corporate-theme java.lang.Exception: This
application does not have a valid license."
This issue will be fixed in a later liferay release.