Web Content Display
- Created: Wed, 10 Aug 2016
- latest Update: Fri, 30 Nov 2018
- By: Khaoula
inspinia-theme-220.127.116.11.war: The theme installation package.
inspinia-theme-src-6.2-ce-ee: The theme source code.
You can download the packages from our software catalog.
This section will allow you to start using the theme directly in your new website or an existing (For an existing one, please read carefully section Use the Webcontent templates)
To install the theme in your Liferay instance, you can either:
- Copy the theme war to <liferay installation>/deploy folder which will trigger the theme hot deployment.
- Or you can use you liferay portal, just follow those steps:
Go Admin -> Control panel -> App Manager -> Install -> Select the inspinia theme war and by clicking install, it will be uploaded to the server and installed
After seeing the success deploying message "Importing resources from inspinia-theme to group...", you can find the theme under site template.
Apply the theme
After installing the theme, you are probably wondering how to use and apply it to your actual site.
Here are the steps:
- Go Admin -> Control Panel -> sites and choose the desired site.
- In the available theme section select Inspinia
Using the Site Template
You can take a look to this link for more details on how to use the different theme components.
The Site Template has the same pages as the themes Demo Site in Themeray. You can use it as a template for your new Site.
So to do that:
- Go Admin -> Control Panel -> Site -> Add ->Inspinia Theme
- Set The Site name and click Save -> Save
And that's it, you can see your site with all the theme pages
To See it click Page -> Site page -> View pages (Private/public)
Change the Theme Settings
- Color Schemes
- 1 setting for the content of the left profile header
- 1 setting for the content of the top header
- Display or not, the right side bar
- 1 setting for the right side bar content
- 1 setting for the footer content
- 1 setting to choose using fixed right side bar or not
- 1 setting to choose using white top header or not
- 1 setting to choose using closed left menu
- 1 setting to choose using full height
- 1 setting to choose using locked page
- Display or not chat box
- 1 setting for chat box content
- 1 setting to choose a page for the login
- Display or not language bar
- 1 setting to choose using collapse menu
- 1 setting to choose using fixed left side bar
- 1 setting to choose using fixed top navigation bar
- 1 setting to choose using boxed layout
- 1 setting to choose using fixed footer
To modify any of those settings all what you have to do is to go back to the site -> look and feel and you save any modification you make
- Color Schemes: there are 4 diffrent colors you can choose the one you like and save it.
- Other settings:
To change those settings all what you have to do is to go Control panel -> Site -> select your site -> site pages -> look and feel:
Use the Webcontent templates
- Go to control panel -> Site Templates select the Inspinia Theme ->Content -> Web Content then export all the web content.
After finishing the webcontent exportation, go back to your site -> Content -> Web Content -> then click the setting button -> click export/import
Slect the exported webcontent you just downloaded from inspinia theme -> continue -> continue -> import.
And that's it, you can now use the inspinia webcontent. In the page you need to display the webcontent:
Add a web content display:
Under the web content display click select web conten
Then choose any web content you need.
After saving your choice, you can also edit it by clicking the icon edit.
This documentation will help you to further customize the theme (CSS, JS, Images etc...) or to get information necessary to simplify using it directly in your JSP (Html code) or Taglibs.
To change the pages icon all what you have to do is set the theme setting " pages-icon" to Upload Icon, then upload the desired icon.
You can also set "pages-icon" to "Custom Field", then you create a Custom Field called "icon" for your site and you can use any code for your menu .e.g you can use Font Awesome
Using Microblogs portlet:
The button submit new status in microblogs portlet will not be visible, to fix the problem you can
1-change this line: