- Created: Sat, 30 Jun 2018
- latest Update: Fri, 30 Nov 2018
- By: khaoula
ElaAdmin-theme.war: The theme installation package.
ElaAdmin-theme.zip: The theme source code.
You can download the packages from our software catalog.
This section will allow you to start using the theme directly in your new website or an existing (For an existing one, please read carefully section Use the Webcontent templates)
To install the theme in your Liferay instance, you can either:
- Copy the theme war to <liferay installation>/deploy folder which will trigger the theme hot deployment.
- Or you can use you liferay portal, just follow those steps:
Go Admin -> Control panel -> Apps -> Upload-> Select the elaAdmin theme war and by clicking install, it will be uploaded to the server and installed
After seeing the success deploying message "1 theme for ElaAdmin-theme is available for use
... update_mapping ...", you can find the theme under site template.
If you have any installation problem, Please feel free to contact us.
Apply the theme
After installing the theme, you are probably wondering how to use and apply it to your actual site.
Here are the steps:
- Go Admin -> Control Panel -> sites and choose the desired site.
- Then click on change current theme and select ElaAdmin
Using the Site Template
The Site Template has the same pages as the themes Demo Site in Themeray. You can use it as a template for your new Site.
So to do that:
- Go Admin -> Control Panel -> Site -> Add ->ElaAdmin Theme
- Set The Site name and click Save -> Save
And that's it, you can see your site with all the theme's pages
To See it select Go to public pages (Private/public)
Change the Theme Settings
Basically there are 10 settings you can customize:
- - Setting to enable/ disable the locked page.
- - Setting to display or not the language box
- - Setting to display or hide the breadcrumbs navigation
- - Setting to display or hide search box
- - Setting to enable/ disable the boxed layout
- - Setting to enable/ disable the fixed header
- - Setting to enable/ disable the fixed sidebar
- - Setting to modify the default login url
- - Setting to display or hide the megamenu in the header of the page plus a setting for its content
- - Setting to display or hide the footer plus a setting for its content
To modify any of those settings all what you have to do is to go back to the site -> navigation -> configure and you save any modification you make
Use the Webcontent templates
Important notice: When you create Site based on the theme as explained before, all the templates will be ready for use. However, when you apply the theme to an existing website, the templates will not be available. For this, you can follow those steps:
- Go to control panel -> Site Templates select the ElaAdmin Theme ->Manage -> Content -> Web Content then export all the web content.
After finishing the webcontent exportation, go back to your site -> Manage -> Content -> Web Content -> click export/import
Slect the exported webcontent you just downloaded from ElaAdmin theme -> continue -> continue -> import.
And that's it, you can now use the ElaAdmin webcontent. In the page you need to display the webcontent:
add your web content:
Ensure the edit controls is set true
Above the web content you can edit it by clicking on Edit Web Content.